Get involved with ECAMP!
|TITLE:||ECAMP- 2021 Review Panellist|
|REPORTS TO:||ECAMP Curator|
|POSTING DATE:||September 2, 2020|
|CLOSING DATE:||September 13, 2020|
|TARGET DATES:||Review of applications Sept. 20- Oct. 2 Virtual Review Days: Oct. 6-9 (two half-days)|
The Edmonton City as Museum Project (ECAMP) is an initiative of the Edmonton Heritage Council that explores the history & cultural heritage of our city through story: the stories that connect us, the stories that divide us, and the stories that nurture an appreciation of our differences as Edmontonians. Our vision is an Edmonton that embraces its diverse heritage, inclusive of all people, communities, and cultures who call this place home.
ECAMP curates an online collection of stories exploring the history of this place from the perspective of Edmontonians. For 2021, ECAMP is soliciting approximately 20 new stories to be published on the ECAMP website from January through June 2021.
ECAMP is seeking Expressions of Interest for review panellists who will serve as peer evaluators for the 2021 Call for Story Contributors. Review panellists will work with the ECAMP Curator to select new stories for our collection. Review of submissions will take place over the course of two half-day virtual meetings in October, 2020. Time commitment is approximately 10 hours (3 hours to review the materials, 7 hours of virtual meetings.)
Ideal candidates for ECAMP review panellists possess the following qualities:
- Familiarity with the history of this place and the themes explored in the ECAMP collection;
- Awareness of how voices and perspectives have been excluded from the master narrative of Edmonton’s history;
- The ability to critically evaluate, articulate opinions, and debate in a group decision-making process;
- Openness to and respect for the ideas and opinions of others;
- The technology required to participate in a Zoom Meeting.
Review panellists will be selected to reflect the broad diversity of Edmonton’s population.
ECAMP review panellists will receive an honorarium for their contributions of time and experience to ECAMPs story review process.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
If you are interested in serving as an ECAMP review panellist, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI), including:
- Your name, email address, daytime telephone number, and current mailing address;
- A statement of interest (maximum 500 words) outlining your personal and professional experiences relevant to this role;
- A current resumé;
- Your availability using the table below.
Include this table in your EOI & indicate your availability (✓ or X)
|Tues. Oct. 6, 12:30-4 PM|
|Wed. Oct. 7, 12:30-4 PM|
|Thur. Oct. 8, 12:30-4 PM|
|Fri. Oct. 9, 12:30-4 PM|
Please note that ECAMP Review Panellists are not allowed to submit applications to the 2021 Call for Story Contributors (Jan.-June.) Review Panellists are more than welcome to submit applications to future calls for stories.
Please send Expressions of Interest in a single PDF to Christina Hardie, ECAMP Curator, at email@example.com by September 13, 2020, by 11:59 PM.
Christina Hardie, ECAMP Curator
T: 780-429-0166 ext. 223